- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 cups quick cooking or rolled oats
- 2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Handful mini chocolate chips (if desired )
- In a large bowl, stir together oats and rice cereal together. Set aside.
- In a pot, melt butter, honey and brown sugar together over medium high heat until it comes to a rolling boil. Once the mixtures starts to boil reduce the heat to low and cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add a handful of chocolate chips (if desired). Chips will start to melt if mixture is still hot. My husband likes chocolate but he prefers these bars without the chips. You could add almost any mixs in that you wanted.
- Dump mixture into lightly greased 9 x13 pan (I use remaining butter on the butter wrapper to grease my pan) and press to be about 3/4 inch in thickness. Press in very well or bars will not stay together when cool.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and press in slightly (if desired)
- Let cool, cut, and enjoy!